Our team works closely together to provide a holistic and innovative approach to developers, funders, local authorities, tourist operators and service providers in relation to a diverse range of legal issues. Irrespective of the issues involved, the Tourism Team provides a bespoke and unrivalled service, tailored to the client’s requirements and particular circumstances. Karen Blair, who heads the team, is particularly recommended and she is described as having ‘a wealth of experience’, ‘detailed understanding of the law and great communication skills’, for being ‘highly competent, detailed and very incisive’ and generally for her ‘straightforward and client focused approach’.
The Tourism Team has been at the forefront as many of the major industry developments throughout Northern Ireland and some of the more notable and transactions include the following:
- Property, licensing, planning and commercial advices and representation in respect of the multi-million pound development of Titanic Belfast and ongoing advices for this client
- Advising the National Trust on its successful planning application for a new Visitors’ Centre at the Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland’s only World Heritage Site, which opened in July 2012
- Commercial property, licensing, corporate and employment advices in relation to the multi-million pound development of the Metropolitan Arts Centre (MAC) in the heart of the Cathedral Quarter
- The roll-out of the initial phase of the Whitbread Group Premier Inn Hotels in Northern Ireland since 2004
- The provision of preliminary advices to entertainment organisers regarding licensing matters surrounding the Giro D’Italia celebrations in Belfast, May 2014
- Lead planning adviser to George Best Belfast City Airport since 1999