The depth and breadth of the team’s experience provides an unrivalled offer in the Northern Ireland legal market, a specialism which is recognised by all the legal directories. The Chambers Legal Directory 2015 has recognised our experience in this area for many years and has described Karen Blair, who heads the team as a “very approachable practitioner” who is “very thorough, impressive and sensible and pragmatic to work with”.
- Representing the Sentence Review Commissioners in the House of Lords in Re McClean  UKHL46
- Representing the Life Sentence Review Commissioners in the Re CD case  UKHL33
- Representing Belfast City Airport as notice party in a number of judicial review applications, including an application by Kinnegar Residents’ Action Group and Others  NI QB90
- Representing Bryson Recycling in a judicial review against Banbridge District Council] NI QB 9
- Representing the Rosemary Nelson Inquiry in a number of judicial review applications,, including an application by the Chief Constable  NI QB 9
- Representing the Billy Wright Inquiry in respect of a number of judicial reviews including an application by witnesses A, B, C, K and N  NI QB 30
- Representing the Nursing and Midwifery Council in its successful defence of a statutory appeal in respect of a decision to strike off a registered practitioner  NI QB89