- Advising the Joint Administrators of Drenagh Farms Limited (In Administration) which assets included a large country estate, outhouses and circa 750 acres of land in County Londonderry
- Advising the Administrator of Skyline Superstores Limited and Gearys (Belfast) Limited which held the Dreams Furniture & Beds Franchise in NI
- Advising the Liquidator of Geotech Construction Limited (In Liquidation) which assets included a considerable quarry in County Tyrone.
- Advising the Joint Administrators of Derry City Football Club
- Acting on behalf of local and national banks in relation to the appointment of Fixed Charge Receivers in respect of individuals, companies and Limited Liability Partnerships
- Advising local and national banks in relation to enforcement options for realising security and enforcing Personal Guarantees to recover shortfalls in respect of individuals, companies and Limited Liability Partnerships for debts of tens of millions of pounds up to circa £3million
- Advising Trustees in Bankruptcy on contentious matters relating to adjustments of prior transactions involving Transfers at Undervalue, Preference payments and Transactions Defrauding Creditors.
- Annulment of Bankruptcy
- Debtor Bankruptcy petitions
The team, led by Director Jeanette Donohoe, is one of the largest and most experienced in Northern Ireland, with a total of 9 team members. Our team is well recognised as providing a focused service, with a view to securing a successful outcome as expeditiously and efficiently as possible.” according to Chambers and Partners UK 2015. Our “broad spectrum of experience in handling insolvency cases” has also been recognised.
Jeanette Donohoe heads up the firm’s insolvency team and is praised by Chambers and Partners UK 2015 for her “comprehensive knowledge” of insolvency law. She has been described as “a good person to have in your corner” in a dispute.
Two members of our team hold Part I and II Qualifications from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland. One member of our team holds a Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency. In addition, one of our team members is qualified to practice in England and Wales.
Our team holds membership in recognised insolvency organisations including R3 and the Insolvency Practitioners’ Association. We also have extensive court experience and regularly appear before the Chancery Master and Judge in the High Court of Justice in Northern Ireland. Our expertise in insolvency and restructuring is supported by a depth of resources and niche specialisms throughout our practice, a benefit which is becoming increasingly recognised and relied upon by our clients.