Given the diversity and experience of the Healthcare team, we are able to offer clients specialised and highly personalised advices to meet their ever changing needs. We are extremely client focussed, providing advices in a timely, efficient and pragmatic manner.
Members of our healthcare team have also been individually recognised by Chambers & Partners UK 2014. Our Head of Department Patrick Fleming is described by clients as “efficient, clear and concise.” Director William Cross has also been noted. He is described as being “very easy to get on with – he listens to people and always has his clients’ best interests at the fore.”
Providing advices to a number of regulatory healthcare bodies, including the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland, the General Medical Council, Nursing and Midwifery Council, the General Dental Council and the Professional Standards Authority, formerly the Council for Healthcare Regulatory Excellence in relation to all aspects of their regulatory functions. This includes advising on fitness to practise, corporate governance, regulatory and legislative powers, representation at High Court Appeals and Extension Applications. We also advised on issues surrounding data protection and freedom of information
- Acting on behalf of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland in respect of fitness to practise proceedings against Registrants. This includes providing advices, drafting the requisite pleadings and attending at fitness to practise hearings
- Acting on behalf of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland, General Medical Council and General Dental Council in respect of Interim Order extension applications to the High Court
- Acting in a Judicial Review on behalf of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority
- Acting in a Judicial Review on behalf of the Independent Health and Care Providers
- Acting for an individual in respect of a claim against a health trust for failing to diagnose or carry out proper procedures to diagnose a malignant tumour which resulted in treatment, including surgery, which might otherwise have been avoided had the tumour been diagnosed at an early stage
- Acting for a minor individual against a health trust for inadequate treatment for a fracture to her arm following a fall from a climbing frame in a playground which caused extreme pain, permanent damage and reduced potential career paths
- Acting for an individual against a dentist for failing to advise of and treat a gum disease which caused extreme pain and damage to teeth resulting in extensive treatment
- Providing healthcare sector specific commercial advice to medical and dental practices including the preparation and negotiation of practice agreements, practice incorporation, succession planning, franchising, supply and distribution agreements
- Providing advice on legislative amendments and the drafting of new legislation.