- Family and child abduction, In the Matter of K (A Child) (Northern Ireland)  UKSC 29
- Construction, Northern Ireland Housing Executive v Healthy Building Ltd  NIQB 124 and  NICA 27
- Insolvency, Connolly McCausland v Drenagh Farms Limited (In Administration) 
- Commercial and Contractual Disputes, Ulster Bank Limited v Geoffrey Vogan
- Financial Services and Regulatory, HSBC Bank plc v Mervyn R Coulson and Elva R Coulson
Head of Department Patrick Fleming leads the team which is one of the largest, most experienced and successful in Northern Ireland. The team is known for taking ownership of clients’ complex legal issues and is well established in the local market.
With a broad practice area and individual specialisms we advise on disputes in a wide range of sectors including Construction, Intellectual Property, Professional Negligence, Product Liability, Banking, Personal Injury, Probate and Trust Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Public Procurement and Insolvency.
Legal 500 commentators have noted that Cleaver Fulton Rankin is ‘deservedly at the top of the tree when it comes to dispute resolution; it houses industry experts who give 100%, every time’. Patrick Fleming, goes ‘straight to the heart of the problem’, Jonathan Forrester is ‘an impressive tactician’, and Lisa Boyd is ‘a quality adviser’.
The Dispute Resolution team has also been recommended in Chambers and Partners UK Guide to the Legal Profession 2015. William Cross has been described as “efficient, calm and incredibly good with clients.” Jeanette Donohoe has also been described as “a good person to have in your corner”.