Business Restructuring / Insolvency
We take a practical and constructive approach to protecting the interests of clients who are affected by corporate reconstructions, recovery and insolvency. We also work with under-performing businesses, national and local insolvency practitioners, banks and other financial institutions.
Our team members have a broad range of experience in dealing with issues relevant to insolvency law and in addition, Jeanette Donohoe, Director, also has Professional 1 and 2 qualifications from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland.
We can advise you on corporate rescues and reconstructions, formal insolvencies including administrations, receiverships and liquidation, cross border insolvency, workouts and rescue and individual or partnership insolvencies.
Our expertise in insolvency and restructuring is supported by a depth of resources and niche specialisms throughout our practice. We are a dynamic, flexible and very accessible team. Indeed, our reputation for providing exactly this type of service is increasingly being recognised by our clients.
- Advising the major creditor of McCormick MacNaughton (NI) Limited (In Administration).
- Advising Apollo Management International LLP in relation to its enforcement options for its security in respect of a borrower to the sum of £1.8 billion
- Advising the joint Administrators of T Thompson & Co Limited (In Administration) that traded as Bargain Books.
- Advising the joint Administrators in the Administration of Derry City Football Club.
- Advising the joint Administrators of the Taggart Group of Companies.
- Advised the joint administrators of Budget DIY and Reid Transport.
- Advised the major creditors of Coleraine Football Club (in Administration), Shop Electric Ltd (in Administration), Thermomax Ltd (in Administration) amd DMMI Limited (in Administration).
- Acting in a number of cross-jurisdiction asset-tracing and fraud cases.
Jeanette Donohoe is listed as a "Leader in Field" and quoted as a "firm favourite" with clients, who say she is "knowledgeable, practical and always available", Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the Legal Profession 2012.
"This dedicated corporate recovery and insolvency practice provides top-quality advice on both contentious and non-contentious matters across the insolvency spectrum" - Chambers 2010.