Employment & Equality
CFR's Employment team is widely acknowledged for its expertise and its ability to provide practical advice to its clients across a broad range of employment issues.
We deliver advice to business clients on all areas of employment law which continues to be one of the most rapidly developing and challenging areas of legal practice. We provide advice and practical assistance on the following:
- Section 75 Equality Schemes and public sector equality duties
- drafting contractual documentation and advising on appropriate policy documents
- restraint of trade provisions and enforcement by injunction
- company restructuring and redundancy programmes
- discipline, termination, executive severance packages and binding settlements
- employment due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- TUPE consultation and transfers
- Northern Ireland’s Fair Employment legislation
- Defending discrimination claims, responding to statutory questionnaires and managing grievance/harassment investigations
- acting on behalf of clients in breach of contract claims, claims for unfair dismissal and all other claims within the remit of the Industrial Tribunals
- acting for educational establishments on a range of employment and property law matters
CFR offers clients, many of whom are businesses and lawyers operating in other UK jurisdictions, guidance on the differences in employment law which exist in Northern Ireland and practical advice on measures which should be taken.