Starting a Business
Starting a new business, whether it be on alone or in partnership with others, can seem like a daunting step into the unknown for those who have not taken such a step before. Our goal is to offer practical legal advice to make what might otherwise be a fraught experience, as simple as possible.
We have wide experience in advising in the following areas of key importance to new businesses:
- Identifying the appropriate corporate structures which the business should operate through and drafting appropriate agreements between partners, shareholders and investors etc.
- Drawing up contracts of employment for key staff and other employees
- Drawing up standard terms and conditions of trading and other bespoke key commercial contracts
- Where the new business needs premises to operate out of, negotiating the purchase of commercial property or negotiating leases with landlords
- Protection and exploitation of key business property such as intellectual property rights or confidential information