The Personal Injury Team acts for both claimants and defendants and operates a considerable caseload in both the County Court and High Court in Northern Ireland. We aim to provide a prompt and cost effective service yet bring to each case the individual attention it deserves. We have an extensive knowledge and experience in handling personal injury claims. The practice includes:
- bringing and defending public and employer liability claims, ranging from minor injuries to fatalities.
- advising employers and leading insurers in relation to health and safety legislation and practice.
- prosecuting employers for breaches of health and safety legislation which lead to injury or death.
- prosecuting and defending public and religious bodies in relation to child protection issues.
- bringing claims for medical negligence.
In addition, we are regularly invited to take part in seminars and workshops on the impact of health and safety legislation to businesses, insurers and charities.
- Successfully prosecuting on behalf of a City Council a local employer for breaches of health & safety legislation leading to the death of an employee.
- Representing claimants in clinical negligence claims to include failure to diagnose laryngeal carcinoma resulting in a total laryngectomy, failure to diagnose a risk of thrombosis causing a DVT, and failure to diagnose breast cancer.
The firm is listed as a first tier firm in Dispute Resolution by Legal 500.
William Cross is listed in the elite “Leading Lawyers” list, the Legal 500’s guide to leading lawyers nationwide (Legal 500 United Kingdom 2012)
Chambers UK notes that William is also “very nice to deal with – pleasant and calm”. (Chambers UK guide 2012)