At Cleaver Fulton Rankin we are acutely aware that once a deal has been agreed in principal, any delay in finalising ‘sign-off’ may result in a potential loss of opportunity or revenue to our clients. With this in mind, we strive to provide advice which cements the deal as quickly as possible but which never loses sight of the overall commercial imperatives.
The commercial team has a long standing reputation for providing sound practical advice to clients in both the private and public sectors across a wide range of industries and for all types of commercial transactions.
More specifically, we are able to advise businesses on compliance issues, in particular those arising from consumer protection legislation such as trading standards, consumer finance or credit issues and relating to data protection, advertising and direct marketing.
Examples of the type of commercial contracts which we would regularly advise on include:
- Standard terms and conditions or bespoke agreements for the purchase or supply of goods and services
- Agency and distributor agreements
- Franchising matters such as acquisition of existing franchise businesses, review and/or negotiation of franchise agreements and their termination
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Joint venture and strategic partnering agreement
- Licensing agreements
- Consultancy agreements