Responsible People. Responsible Business.
As a business, we play an important role within Belfast and wider Northern Ireland community dating back 125 years.
We are committed to understanding, monitoring and managing our social, environmental and economic impact to enable us to contribute to society’s wider goal of sustainable development. This commitment is deeply ingrained in our core values and we aim to demonstrate these values through our actions and within our corporate policies.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives are at the heart of our organisation. We are committed to;
- Conducting our business in a socially responsible and ethical manner;
- Minimising our impact on the environment;
- Supporting our people to thrive and respecting the needs of our clients and other stakeholders;
- Giving back to our local community through our charity initiatives, volunteering, and sponsorships
- Striving to improve our CSR performance year on year.
Managing our impact on the environment
At Cleaver Fulton Rankin we are committed to protecting and enhancing the environment achieving high standards of environmental performance, preventing pollution and minimising the impact of business operations.
We strive for environmental excellence and respect and comply with both local environmental and social regulations as well as encourage and inspire our people to make conscious decisions on whether their behaviour would best fit our environmentally friendly approach.
We achieve Environmental responsibility by continually reviewing power saving management within the office and meeting rooms, waste management, recycling all materials where possible and reducing our carbon footprint by encouraging public transport and cycling to work.
Supporting our Clients
Cleaver Fulton Rankin’s vision is to become the most client-focused law firm in Northern Ireland. We are therefore committed to putting our clients at the heart of everything we do and to delivering the highest quality service and legal advice.
We understand that the business environment is constantly changing and evolving which means that the needs of our clients and their businesses are continually changing. We pride ourselves in adapting to changes in the business environment through continuous learning, development and training of our employees, innovation in our technology, quality feedback and seeking responsible suppliers and experts to maintain our standards.
Investing in our people
Our success is due to the highly motivated and commercially focused people who work within our firm. Each employee plays a key strategic role in the development of our services and the growth of our business. We therefore continue to invest in them and provide a stimulating, engaging and inclusive environment that they enjoy working in and can flourish.
To ensure we remain a responsible employer we invest in evolving our people strategies in line with the ever-changing landscape. This includes:
• Enhancing our learning and development programmes
• Supporting future talent through our Trainee Solicitor and work placement programme, as well as building stronger links with universities
• Maintaining our Investors in People accreditation
• Implementing new health and wellbeing initiatives
• Reviewing our performance management processes
• Fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Contributing to Society
We manage our business responsibly, not only for our people and our clients but also for the community in which we have operated for the last 125 years.
To make a positive contribution we;
• Actively support initiatives in those communities where our employees live and work. This commitment is visible in our financial, equipment and volunteer support and contributions.
• We encourage our employees to contribute time to share their leadership skills and knowledge with community organisations in Pro Bono roles or as board members
• Provide all staff with one full-paid working day out of the office to support charitable causes of their choice and important to them. This initiative sees Cleaver Fulton Rankin supporting a range of community and charity organisations and staff team building.
• Volunteer our office space to charitable organisations or small business who are in need of a modern city centre meeting or event location.
• Fundraise for charitable organisations raising just over £107,500 for local charities in the past 5 years.
To view our Corporate Social Responsibility Report please click here. The report includes results from the key strategies we have implemented and responsible activities we have engaged in over the last year- January 2018 to January 2019 and will continue to partake in over the coming year.
Please find our policy regarding modern slavery and human trafficking here.
Responsible People. Responsible Business.