Conveyancing Process from Start to FinishOctober 31, 2014
An explanation for First Time Buyers
1. The first step is to make an Offer to Purchase on a property, the estate agent will then inform you if offer has been accepted.
2. Instruct Cleaver Fulton Rankin to act on your behalf and inform the estate agent of this
3. Make Appointments with Mortgage Advisers to get your Mortgage Approved
4. Your Lender will arrange for a Valuation of the property to be carried out
5. We will request Contract and Title documents from the Vendors Solicitor
6. We will review these documents and raise any necessary queries
7. The Vendors Solicitor will provide Vendors Replies, to Pre-Contract Enquires along with Fixtures and Fittings List. up to date Property Certificate and Searches along with Energy Performance Certificate for the property
8. Your lender will send us a copy of your Mortgage Offer and Valuation Report which we will review. We will also act for your Lender.
9. Once all our queries have been answered and we have invite you to attend our office to sign Contract and Mortgage Deeds
10. At your appointment we will discuss the title deeds and answer any queries you may have
11. At this stage you need to finalise your Completion Date.
12. We will provide you with details of how to transfer your deposit to our account beforecompletion.
13. We will forward Transfer Deed and Contract to the Vendors Solicitor for the Vendor to sign
14. On the completion date we will send funds to the Vendors Solicitors. Once funds are received your purchase is Complete
15. You can now collect your keys from the estate agents and move into your new home!
16. After completion we attend to registration formalities in the Land Registry and submit your Stamp Duty Land Tax Return to HMRC.
The approximate time from being Sale Agreed on a property until getting your keys on the Completion date is normally 6-8 weeks. If you have any questions about the process or if would like to instruct us to act on your behalf in purchase please contact Ciara McGeown, Cleaver Fulton
Rankin on 028 9027 3141 or email@example.com
Please note; the content of this article is for information purposes only and further advice should be sought from a professional legal advisor before any action is taken.