Cleaver Fulton Rankin launch Private Tenancies guidance and information seriesFebruary 1, 2016
Over the next number of months the Residential Property team will be issuing a series of information and guidance notes on Private Tenancies Legislation in Northern Ireland.
This area of law has seen a large amount of legislative change in recent years. Whether you are a Landlord renting privately to tenants or if you are a tenant of a property, it is important that you are aware of your rights, responsibilities and obligations in this regard. Over the coming months we will focus on the main issues to be aware of including:-
- Rights and Responsibilities Under the Private Tenancies (NI) Order 2006
- Standard of fitness required for private tenancies.
- Landlord’s Obligations
- Tenant’s Responsibilities
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Landlord Registration Scheme
- Implications of the Immigration Act 2014 on private tenancies
- Repair Obligations
- Preparation to let a property
- Dealing with problem Tenants
- Ending a private tenancy
Any specific queries can be directed to our Residential Property Team or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org