Hill International & CIOB MasterclassMay 20, 2015
On Thursday 14th May, Hill International in association with the CIOB hosted a one day Masterclass at the Europa Hotel in Belfast.
Director Lisa Boyd was one of the speakers for the event which concentrated on delay, disruption, contracts and the latest developments in the construction industry.
Topics and speakers included:
- The role of CIOB Novus and the current skills shortage in the construction industry by Gerard Graham from CIOB Novus.
- Procurement challenges by Aaron Boyle from Arthur Cox.
- Contract awareness and letters of intent by Tim Kinney from Tughans.
- BIM and its uses / risks by May Winfield from Kennedys and Ralph Montague from ArcDox.
- Forensic engineering and the role of the Expert Witness by Roddy Wilkie from Cadogans and John Delaney from Hill International.
- Concurrent delay by Steve Briggs and Karen Best from Hill International.
- Dispute resolution by Lisa Boyd from Clever Fulton Rankin.
- Termination of contracts by Stuart Murphy from Carson McDowell.
- Evidence and witnesses – preparing, adducing and perfecting by Rónán Hanna & Edmund Neuberger from Atkin Chambers Barristers.
The event concluded with a panel discussion and question & answer sessions where the latest developments in the construction industry were debated.